Advertising On Quora
Quora is a publicly mediated Q and A forum that relies on a system of upvotes and community contributions to serve insightful answers to inquisitive searchers. This is like a kind of mix of jeopardy meets Reddit meets Wikipedia or a more authoritative version of Yahoo Answers.
People ask all kinds of questions and get credible answers. There’s a system in place that helps grade the answers, too.
Why advertise on Quora?
Connect With People Considering a Purchase
People come to Quora to ask questions, and to read and share insightful answers. This includes people looking for reliable information about your company, products, competitors, and industry.
This gives advertisers the opportunity to influence people during the consideration phase of their purchase process. Quora is a unique, high intent advertising platform, ideally suited to reach customers as they research a product or service.
Quora enables your organization to
Why Quora Makes Sense?
What makes Quora’s audience unique is why people come to the platform. It’s not search and it’s not social media. It’s somewhere in between. 300+ million people come to Quora every month to prep, research, evaluate, ask for tips, and learn more about the world around them.
This exchange of knowledge is conducive to people who are receptive to new solutions and discovering new products. This includes people looking for reliable information about your company, products, competitors, and industry. And we’re not just focused on one specific topic. People come to share and learn about a variety of topics.
What do ads on Quora look like?
Quora currently offers Text and Image based advertising units along with Promoted Answers, which can be created using Quora’s self-serve Ads Manager. These units deliver high value for advertisers because it fits contextually with the written content on Quora.
Text Ad Specs
- Business name
- Headline text up to 65 characters in length
- Description text up to 105 characters in length
- Desired call to action (CTA) such as Learn More, Sign Up, and more
- A display URL next to the CTA
- The landing page URL
Image Ad Specs
- Includes everything from the Text Ad specs •Accepted image formats are PNG and JPG
- Brand logo displayed as a circle. Recommended min image size is 500 x 500 pixels
- Hero image. Aspect ratio is 16:9. Recommended min image size is 600 x 335 pixels
Promoted Answers Specs
- Business name
- The answer URL
What Kind of Targeting can be done on Quora?
Multiple targeting options available on quora. They can be selected while creating ads.
- Topic Targeting: Question and answer pages are grouped into topics on Quora. Target the topics relevant to your business to reach your target audiences.
- Keyword Targeting: Provide a list of keywords that are relevant to your product or service. Target questions that match the keywords provided.
- Question Targeting: Have your ad show up on specific questions pages of your choice.
- Website Traffic Audience Targeting: Create an audience based on traffic to your website. Target (or retarget) that audience of website users.
- Lookalike Audience Targeting: Create an audience based on an existing audience in the Quora Ads Manager.
- List Match Audience Targeting: Create an audience based off a list of email addresses to tailor campaigns towards a customized audience.
- Interest Targeting: Target users on Quora who have demonstrated recent engagement (such as questions read, upvotes) with certain topics.
- Keyword History Targeting: Retarget users by keywords they’ve viewed before. • Question History Targeting: Retarget users who visited specific questions in the past.
- Broad Targeting: Reach the broadest audience possible on Quora. Quora will automatically target your ad across the Quora audience.
Additionally, we can layer in Location, Platform & Browser, Email, and Demographic targeting across all of the above targeting options.
- Location: Ads can be targeted by country, state, city, zip codes, or Nielsen® DMA® (Designated Market Areas) regions.
- Platform & Browser: Ads can be tagged by device type (desktop and/or mobile), by mobile platforms (iOS and/or Android), and by desktop browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and/or other browsers).
- Email: Ads can be placed in Quora Digest Emails.
- Demographic: Ads can be targeted to all genders or specific genders (female, male, and/or unknown).
What Kind Of Reporting Is Available?
Advertisers can view impressions, clicks, conversions, and spend in the Quora Ads Manager. Reporting is available at the Campaign, Ad Set, and Ad level.
How Does Conversion Tracking Work?
Quora provides a conversion pixel to help you track the ROI of your campaigns on Quora. Setting up the conversion pixel is highly recommended to optimize ad delivery toward higher value audiences.
Ads currently appear on question pages, topic pages, a user’s feed on Quora, and Quora digest emails.
The number of ads on a page is relative to the amount of content and number of answers on the page. Question pages with more content will often be eligible for more ads than question pages with less content.
With Quora Ads, advertisers have the ability to use Contextual Targeting, Audience Targeting, Behavioral Targeting, and Broad Targeting. This ability to target ads based on both content and people unlocks several valuable use cases for advertisers for both narrow and broad reach campaigns.